- State of Arizona Inmate #045045
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Date of Birth: September 3, 1947
- Family Information: Unknown
- A.K.A. Unknown
- Pima County Superior Court Case #CR5669
- Date of Offense: March 11, 1980
- Victim: Sandra Owen, age 29 female
Criminal History Before OffenseEdit
- On March 11, 1980, Lambright, Robert Douglas Smith, and Kathy Foreman picked up a hitchhiker, victim Owen. Smith raped Owen while Lambright and Foreman had intercourse, then Owen was stabbed multiple times with Foreman's knife. Owen's throat was then slit, and a large rock was thrown on her head while she was still conscious. Her body was not found for one year.
- Judge: Michael J. Brown
- Prosecutor: James D. Himelic
- Defense Attorney: Carmine Brogna
- Trial commenced on March 25, 1982. On March 30, 1982, the jury returned verdicts of guilty to the charges of First Degree Murder, Kidnapping, and Sexual Abuse. Trial length was 6 days. On May 27, 1982, Lambright was sentenced to death for the First Degree Murder count, and 42 years for the other counts. Foreman testified against Lambright in exchange for immunity.
Post Conviction InformationEdit
- In 1993, the Arizona Supreme Court upheld the conviction and sentence on appeal.