- Inmate #099144
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Date of Birth: June 2, 1948
- Family Information: Youngest of three half-brothers, one half-sister
- A.K.A. Thomas Edward Crown
- Pima County Superior Court Case #CR38826
- Date of Offense: July 11, 1992
- Victim: Hector Juarez, age 25 male
Criminal History Before OffenseEdit
- Deserting, US Army, 1968-1969
- Robbery, Butte County Superior Court, convicted on October 27, 1978.
- On July 11, 1992, Kemp and Jeffrey Logan kidnapped the victim at gunpoint outside a fast-food restaurant and used their ATM card to withdraw money. They then drove the victim to Silverbell mine, forced him to disrobe, and shot him twice in the head. The victim's body was located on July 28, 1992.
- Judge: Richard Nichols
- Prosecutor: Kenneth Peasley
- Defense Attorney: Eric Larsen
- Trial commenced on June 2, 1993. On June 7, 1993, the jury returned guilty verdicts to charges of First Degree Murder, Armed Robbery, and Kidnapping. Trial length was 6 days. On July 9, 1993, Kemp was sentenced to death for the First Degree Murder charge and 42 years for the other two charges.
Post Conviction InformationEdit
- In 1996, the Arizona Supreme Court upheld the convictions and sentences on appeal.